Friday, October 4, 2013

D&D 30 Day Challenge: Day Thirty - My Favorite Thing About Playing D&D

My favorite part of playing D&D has to be DMing. I've DMed since I was first introduced to the game. I've introduced probably ten or twelve people to D&D, though some of them haven't continued gaming. I love running games. I love creating new adventures, running memorable villains, and showing people why D&D is such a fun game.

To break it down further, my favorite part of DMing has to be introducing new people to D&D. There's nothing like seeing a new player roll a critical hit, come up with an interesting solution to a puzzle or obstacle, or become invested in their character. Some of my best times behind the screen have been with new players, particularly when their characters are in a tough spot and they're starting to feel tense when they're rolling the dice to get out of it. There's nothing like introducing someone to this awesome, amazing game and watching them have a blast with it. I love gaming, and getting new people involved in the hobby has, in my experience, always been a rewarding, worthwhile experience.

It's amazing how much fun you can have with a sheet of paper and some dice.



Note: As with the last two blog posts, I changed the topic of this post as well. Originally, it was “The Best DM You've Ever Had,” but I'm a DM far more often than I'm a player. Most of my games, aside from some online games, have been with me sitting behind the screen. Because of that, I switched things up a bit to talk about why I like DMing.

And that's the end of the D&D 30 Day Challenge! Thirty days, thirty blog posts, all about D&D. This challenge was a lot of fun, and I'll probably look into finding another gaming-themed challenge in a couple months to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment